Monday, April 6, 2015

this is what open windows does

So for a week, I did not check my email for I have been waiting for something. I just got to read those emails. So I was not expecting so much in regards to that email. I already got to prepare myself for the worse case scenario to lessen the blow. Then what I expected came true, I was accepted then rejected. Goodness man!!! that is not cool, I mean, letting you taste your favorite food with a bowl of it but they just let you get a spoonful...bitch!!! Hahaha...well, that is just bitterness talking...but surprisingly, even if that was the message sent by the email...it did not sting that much...so that bitterness talk was of another story...Anyways, I thought there was only one email but I got a few as well, I saw the ranking and all...I got number one for some, hey!!! Hahaha...so I read the latest email again and again and it struck me, seriously, it was me being stupid already...goodness, I should get it the first time but since I embodied my worst expectation, I did not get to hear the point....I got in.

Have you heard or been to Angkor Wat? Lucky you if you did, I envy you...but not anymore...So just a background...On the latest 22nd of March, I got an email from my amazing prof in graduate school. She emailed us that someone was looking for volunteers for an excavation in a mound in Angkor Wat for 6 weeks...So I was being nerdy and thought it was cool...and its sponsered, hell yeah!!! I told to myself, I need to jump in and try...so I tried...and I got in.

Here is the sucky part of all this, well, sucky is actually subjective...yeah, keep telling yourself that Mr. U...In any case, what I really excited to be part of basically leads to me leaving what I turn to love to do...Well, I could go back and do what I do even if what do is not really good, hahaha...But it would have to later, like a year or two later...I would have love to continue doing it but that opportunity is Godsend man...Can't let it pass...Nonetheless, to you, dreadful of an institution that you call a disaster, damn it...you are special, in almost two months...I will not be in.

4 comments:

  1. "letting you taste your favorite food with a bowl of it but they just let you get a spoonful" been there, done that so I already know the feeling and it sucked big time.. I just bear in my mind that there's a lot more delicious food that will be serve in the future baka gourmet pa..
    Really there's an underlying reason for everything that comes our way..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gourmet sounds good...haha, and goodness...must there always be an underlying reason, can't it be as direct and simple as it can be...oh well, it rings truths as it is...

      Delete
  2. Set aside the negatives, i should congratulate you for the 'less sting' you felt when the e-mail arrived haha and of course, for the opportunity regarding Angkor Wat, congrats sir!

    It's really nice to grab and try those opportunities. I hope some people would
    overcome the strange fear of being afraid to take new things. (Wait.. is this a self-diss? XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...self-criticism is nice...anyways, thanks...though bittersweet as it is...i grabbed it already...just swing it...

      Delete